HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SHIPSDEK FLOORING
• To clean dirt, footprints, suntan lotion, fish blood etc. from your ShipsDek, use an all purpose cleaner or degreaser, and warm water along with a medium bristled deck brush. Work around until dirt, etc. comes up. Rinse with water. Repeat if necessary. Other products safe to use on ShipsDek 100% PE foam decking include: boat soap, specialized foam deck cleaner products, or any degreaser.
• Do not use the following products on ShipsDek: acetone, abrasive cleaners, bleach
SITUATIONS TO AVOID
• Long-term storage of items on the decking such as inflatable pool toys, tools or water bottles. Keep decking away from reflective surfaces or from under glass. These objects can refract/reflect light, thereby concentrating the beams to a level which can be destructive to the decking.
• Spills and messes on the decking. Clean immediately to reduce possible staining. Some materials can stain the decking if not promptly removed. Examples include: mustard, ketchup, fish hooks left to rust, fish blood, bird droppings, etc.
• The sun can reflect off gel-coat surfaces and damage ShipsDek Decking. For certain applications and under certain conditions, decking applied in the cockpit and other areas with vertical surfaces and/or reflecting off hardware/stainless, gloss, etc., can expose ShipsDek Decking to temperatures above the operational temperature of 80°C (176°F).
• Lighter colors and darker gel-coats reduce the Light Amplification problem. However, it will not be covered under our standard warranty if Light Amplification occurs.
• ShipsDek decking is durable, but for longevity after installation, it is recommended that the boat (or any other surface of application) be covered. (Examples include keeping the boat: in a garage, covered with a canvas boat cover, in a covered boat slip/shed, etc). Reducing longer term exposure to the elements, when not in use, will help extend the life of your decking and reduce color fade.